I can summarize this chart in a single sentence: Obamacare is working just as well its website.
Click to Explodify
…Individuals in most states will end up spending more on the exchanges. It is true that in some states, the experience could be the opposite. This is because those states had already over-regulated insurance markets that led to sharply higher premiums through adverse selection, as is the case of New York. Many states, however, double or nearly triple premiums for young adults. Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Kansas, and Vermont see some of the largest increases in premiums.
…The Obama Administration is desperate for younger people to enroll to prevent an adverse selection death spiral.
…Our findings confirm that younger populations see larger percentage increases in premiums. A state that exhibits this clearly is Vermont, where the increase for 27-year-olds is 144 percent and the increase for 50-year-olds is still 60 percent, but far less. All states exhibit this relationship.
Charles C. W. Cooke helpfully summarized the litany of (quite obvious) lies the President and his sycophants told Americans in order to jam Obamacare through Congress.
• “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”
• “For people with insurance, the only impact of the health-care law is that their insurance is stronger, better, and more secure than it was before. Full stop. That’s it. They don’t have to worry about anything else.”
• “If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is the amount of money you will spend on premiums. That will be less.”
• “I want to be very clear: I will not sign on to any health plan that adds to our deficits over the next decade.”
• “Health care reform will cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $ 2,500 a year.”
Every major promise regarding Obamacare was a lie.
As Scott Johnson astutely observes, “If only we had a free press, Obamacare would be a bloody, unrelenting scandal, like Abu Ghraib, or Watergate. As it is, it is only business as usual for liberals and liberalism..”
Hat tips: Maggie’s Notebook and BadBlue News.
Doug Ross @ Journal