For the last several days of the Damascus Countdown book tour, I’ve had the honor of traveling through Texas to talk about the latest threats rising in the Middle East, and to ask Texans to pray for the peace of Jerusalem, as we are instructed to do in Psalm 122:6.
On Friday, I traveled to Austin to meet with Texas Governor Rick Perry and Congressman Louie Gohmert. For nearly 90 minutes, we discussed the President’s trip to Israel and Jordan and how Texans can stand with the State of Israel at this critical time.
On Saturday, I was in Tyler to speak at a brunch and dinner about events in the Middle East, and to do interviews with three local TV stations.
- KETK (NBC), Channel 22 – “Famous author, Joel Rosenberg visits Tyler on Sunday” (video and text)
- KYTK (CBS), Channel 19 – “Best selling author to speak at Green Acres Church Sunday” (video and text)
- KLTV (ABC), Channel 7 – “Best-selling author visits ETX for talks on Middle East” (video and text)
On Sunday, I spoke at both morning services at Green Acres Baptist Church, one of the largest congregations in the country with some 15,000 people attending. There I spoke on Matthew 20 & 21 and Jesus’ trip from Jericho to Jerusalem, His healing of two blind beggars in Jericho, and His entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday morning.
At a special service on Sunday evening, I was interviewed by Green Acres Pastor David Dykes about current events in Israel and the Middle East in light of Bible prophecy. It is a very special congregation and I was deeply blessed to speak there and spend time answering questions. David has traveled to Israel 25 times (he just got back) and has really instilled a great love of Israel and the Jewish people in those attending the church he shepherds. (As soon as video for these events are available, I’ll be sure to post them.)
On Monday, I did media interviews from Dallas, before heading to Tucson, Arizona where I will speak tonight at Calvary Tucson.
I have been deeply encouraged by meeting so many people who love Israel — and Israel’s neighbors — and are sincerely committed to doing four things:
- Learn — about God’s plan and purpose for the people of the epicenter, and the threats that are rising against them
- Pray — faithfully and consistently for geopolitical peace, for spiritual peace, for the persecuted Church to be bold and strong, and for the Word of God to change many hearts
- Give — financially to ministries like The Joshua Fund that are blessing Israel and her neighbors with food, clothing, medical supplies and other forms of humanitarian relief, as well as with pastor training and encouragement
- Go – visit Israel and show your solidarity with the Jewish and Arab people there (I’m leading a “prayer & vision tour” to Israel this summer — from June 25 to July 7 — and holding the 2013 Epicenter Conference on July 5th; please come with us — there is still space available).
- To learn more about Damascus Countdown — currently on the New York Times, Washington Post, Publishers Weekly and USA Today bestseller lists — please click here.
- To learn more about The Joshua Fund, please click here
- Come with Joel and The Joshua Fund for a tour of Israel and the 2013 Epicenter Conference this summer
- Follow Joel on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg